14 Hacks To Ensure Your Drains Keep Clean
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. In addition to posing health risks, the undrained water in the sink (or bath) and flooding can cause air pollution. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
A build - up of debris such as cooking oil, fruit seeds, grain, or intrusive mature tree roots can cause your drains to clog. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. Minor clogs can be fixed with just a plunger.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Before you put the stopper back in its place, make sure it's well cleaned.
3. If You Lose Hair Easily, Make Sure You Place A Barrier (Mesh) On The Drain Hole Before You Wash Your Hair In The Bathtub Or Sink. Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. You should also install grates to cover your drains. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Benefit from periodic servicing and inspections done by a drainage company even if you don't call them and you can do this by going into a contract with them yearly. Drainage Stoke offers this kind of contract to people in and around Stoke. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Cease using chemical cleaners. They can cause corrosion and serious long - term damage.
9. Do Not Throw Rubbish In Your Drains. Don't throw stuff into it.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. Drains are designed for water q nothing else q except for the toilet, which is able to handle water plus human wastes.
12. You Can Use Your Wire Coat Hanger As A Hook When You Straighten It And Then Pass It Into Your Drain To Remove Debris That Accumulates There.
13. You can prevent the build - up of grease in the drain by pouring hot salty water down it.
14. There are many maintenance tips for your drains, these are just a handful; a few of which are alternative solutions. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Don's worry about it and call a plumber to have a look. If you happen to be in Stoke then your best option will probably be Drainage Stoke technicians.